Sumeet Nandkishore Sharma
A1-101, Raunak Park, Pokharan Road No.2, Thane (W), Mumbai – 400610, Maharashtra
Cell: + 91 9820998399; Email: email@example.com
website: www.drivingdreams.in ,
CORPORATE LEGAL MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Key Experience Sectors:
- International Law - Overseas Business Establishment
- IPR Management
- Corporate Fraud Prevention - Investigation & Recoveries
- Engineering Laws - Legal Solutions
- Renewable Energy Legal Solutions
- E-Commerce & Online Business Solutions
- Mitigating Business Risks - Due Diligence Legal Policies
Varied Legal Solutions Provider
Synopsis: An Entrepreneur, performance oriented and accomplished Corporate Lawyer and Legal Consultant with 18 years of experience including 6 years of international jurisdiction exposure ( Multiple assignments successfully completed While working in these territories: USA, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, UK, UAE, Hongkong, China) . Currently working as Founder and Managing Director with Adroit In Media Pvt. Ltd.
ð Leveraging sound working exposure in varied business domains including Engineering, Renewable Energy, Security, Media and Corporate Frauds Prevention & Investigation.
ð Advanced skills in engineering Legal solutions, handling criminal, civil & arbitration litigation, formulating strategies to enhance corporate business and identifying, limiting and mitigating business liabilities.
ð Possessing extensive legal knowledge of different sectors and jurisdictions from across the world, ensuring sound legal compliance for Business entities thus providing a holistic legal consultancy.
ð Adept in liaising with concerned personnel in overseas locations including USA, Argentina, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, London, Spain, France, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and China.
ð An efficient communicator combining sound coordination, interpersonal, liaising & negotiation skills with analytical and leadership capabilities to enhance organizational objectives.
ð Highly adept in corporate litigation management
- Intellectual Property Rights: Registrations, Preventive Protection and Infringement remedies
- Corporate Legal Matters: Legal Audit, Litigation Management and formulating legal policies
- Corporate Fraud: Investigation & recoveries
- Engineering Turnkey Solutions: Legal contracts & policies, EPC, EPCM, ECC, BOT, renewable energy power plants feasibility studies, project planning, etc.
- Handling rights & liabilities management, liabilities mitigation, export import regulations and advertising related legal issues
- Established Business Services and International Business operations
- Complete E-commerce Internet Solutions designing & implementation
- JV’s mergers, private equity financing, NPA – Asset restructuring
Adroit In Media Pvt. Ltd., Thane, Mumbai / Mexico / China
Founder and Managing Director (2004 – till date)
Key Profile: Steering the entire functionalities in coordination with Associates, reporting to the Board of Directors / Shareholders and managing a wide range of Adroit products & services on one global platform, responsible for:
- Accountable for attaining exclusive distribution rights from leading Multinational Corporations to introduce exclusive & unique products in India:
- Cobra Stun Light – tactical non lethal defense
- RFID Applications
- Security Systems
- Digivox Lawful Interception Systems, Corporate Fraud Prevention, Secure Communications,
- Export market development and Legal outsourcing solutions with Chamber of Small Industry Association
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Solutions
- Involved in providing complete one-stop services regarding renewable energy resources: Harnessing Solar and Wind Power technology products and services.
- Involved in providing advice and planning for legal subsidies and international carbon credits eligibility in the Renewable Energy Projects.
- Launched the Global Sports Entertainment event: Sportsentertainment.in & Global Business Networking platform: drivingdreams.in
- School & Educational Institutions Management System ERP solution
- Financing & Asset Restructuring for High Value NPA’s
- Solved 70 million USD corporate fraud recovery case where product containers which were stolen from Mexico into USA, Guatemala, Honduras, plus cash and receivables valuing millions of dollars.., working with the leading law firm Santos Elizondo & FBI USA achieved 100% recovery of all stolen product and receivables.
- Re-structured Corporate organization in Mexico from total devastation to a flourishing corporate business.
- Achieved Cosmetic registration for Tooth-care product in Mexico
- Achieved litigation out of court settlements in Europe working with law firm , USA, China,
- Achieved success in Trademarks and Patent litigation in China, Spain, Guatemala, USA, with registrations in more than 22 countries
- Achieved success in Litigation settlement out of court against AT& T USA , working with law firm Goodman, Rosenthal & McKenna
- Provided turnkey consulting solutions for COSIA & various clients to establish Wind power plants & Solar Rooftop On-grid and off-grid power solutions, plus provided EPC, EPCM, BOOT
- Designed and invented scalable 6MW Vertical Axis Wind Turbine System (Patent Pending), with 6m/s wind speed rated output and over 40% PLF (Plant Load Factor) efficiency.
- Assisted with Sr. Counsel P.Chidambaram with success in trademark and corporate family litigation upto Supreme Court India
- Successfully structured Criminal Case out of court settlement in Dubai
- JVs and mergers and private equity funding worth above 500Crore Rupees
- Various other innumerable routine achievements in different global jurisdictions all supporting business growth by minimizing attention diversion due to sound legal structure and backup provided by me.
SDM S.A. de CV, Mexico
Director General and Chief Consultant (2002 –2004)
Key Profile: Joined SDM SA (Business Consulting Firm providing one-stop business establishment and full legal service in Mexico and Latin America) and provided legal and business solutions for Mexican Investors.
- Ensured legal compliance with assigned regulations for launching cosmetic / pharmaceutical products.
- Developed and maintained strategic relationships with linkages upto the President of the country.
- Holds the merit of making history by securing permits from the Health Ministry for tooth care product manufacturing as a cosmetic (All tooth care products fall under the Medicinal category under FDA (USA) regulations in Mexico and Latin America).
Supermax Corporation, Dubai / London / USA / Mexico
Director Global Legal Affairs (1999 –2002)
Key Profile: Led a team of 10-70 personnel, reported to the MD, provided advice and resolved criminal litigation cases including civil & arbitration litigations, damages suits and labour disputes.
- Handled trademark litigations against fraudulent registrations including intellectual rights property protection, trademark, copyright and patents protection and registration.
- Resolved multi-million-dollar corporate frauds, insurance disputes & immigration matters and implemented international contracts and agreements as per assigned policies and procedures.
- Framed legal corporate policies for prevention and due diligence on the global structure.
- Successfully provided advice and resolved criminal litigation in UAE in association with Attorney Abdul Rehman Al Sharif of the Al-Sharif & Co. (Dubai Law Firm).
- Provided advice and won trademark litigation and implemented trademark infringing goods investigation and caesurae through SSS Corporate Research in Dubai.
- Formulated Corporate Legal policy for Dubai / Jebel Ali operations.
- Involved in intellectual property protection, trademark, copyright, patents protection and registration in over 90 countries globally.
- Handled trademark litigations against fraudulent registrations in Spain, Honduras, Guatemala, Argentina, and Mexico with infringement actions and seized infringing goods in Latin America in coordination with Clifford Chance (law firm).
- Handled infringing goods research and legal action in HongKong and China with Johnsons Stokes & Masters.
- Implemented Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights Agreement (TRIPS) under the WTO / WIPO guidelines in litigation before the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- Resolved multi-million dollar civil and arbitration litigations in UK with Field Fisher & Waterhouse (Law firm).
- Involved registering patents in UK PCT European union.
- Resolved civil litigations and damage suits in USA with Goodman Rosenthal & Mackenna (Law firm).
- Protected Intellectual rights Property in USA in coordination with various law firms and resolved major Intellectual Property Rights frauds in USA in coordination with FBI.
- Resolved multi-million-dollar corporate fraud in Mexico with full recovery of multi-million dollar stolen assets, and hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of bad debts in the country.
- Resolved labour disputes, worth half million dollar in Mexico with El Bufette Santos Elizondo (Law firm).
- Negotiated with Govt. of Mexico to acquire best deals for huge subsidies for establishing a multi-million dollar manufacturing plant in Mexico.
- Resolved insurance disputes in Mexico and also resolved immigration matters in USA & Mexico.
Vidyut Metallics Ltd., Thane, Mumbai
Legal Advisor (1997 – 1999)
Key Profile: Led a team of 7 personnel, reported to the Director - Legal Head & MD and resolved litigations in civil, criminal, intellectual property matters, arbitration proceedings, company law board proceedings, etc.
- Acted as Chief In-house Counsel, responsible for briefing the top most Advocates across India.
- Resolved litigations in High Court, Mumbai, Supreme Court and other high courts including district courts and family courts across India.
- Resolved multi-million dollar property disputes in district courts in Thane.
- Provided advice and framed corporate policies & due diligence for various factory operations in India.
- Effectively worked with: Sr. Counsel P Chidambaram; Advocate Shrikant Bhatt; Sr. Counsel Muchalla; Sr. Counsel Jai Chinnai and Sr. Counsel Dr. Chandrachud.
- Pivotal in handling & resolving multi-million dollar trademark dispute in Supreme Court along with Sr. Counsel P Chidambaram (currently Home Minister of India)
- Instrumental in ensuring substantial recoveries in property disputes and restoring possession of company properties under illegal occupation.
High Court Mumbai
Junior Advocate, High Court (1995 – 1997)
Key Profile: Assisted Advocate G V Murti and drafted related to writ petitions, Mumbai Municipal Corporation and civil suits and bail bonds
- Responsible for presenting matters along with Senior Advocates in the High Court of Mumbai.
- Tratak Mind Control & Connectivity with the surrounding nature
- Corporate Fraud Preventions, Investigations and Recoveries
- Auto didacticism
- LLB, Mumbai University (1997)
Course: Drafting, Legal Writing, Intellectual Property, Criminal Fraud Investigations, Prevention and Recoveries
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science, Public Administration, Social Science), Osmania University (1994)
- Date of Birth: 18th February 1974
- Languages Known : English, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi and Spanish